Friday, February 24, 2012

Oh *%$?!

So, after waiting a week or two to receive our tax refund via direct deposit (One of the best times of the year, woo hoo!), we got the wonderful news that though the IRS "claimed" our d.d. was posted on this past Tuesday (the 21st), but no money to be found (sniffle). Major bummer... Me and my husband don't own a house or a car or anything (because we're broke like that) so getting this extra money means a ton. We finally get caught up on bills and maybe even head out of town somewhere, though that plan is officially derailed because of my due date being in four or so weeks. It turns out this has happened to a lot of people too with the IRS this year in getting their refund delayed. I wonder has this happened with anyone else so far? I just wish things would get sorted out soon; $500 isn't much so some, but for a couple with little to their name, that's alot of moolah :)

Fortunately, my wonderfully wonderful mother in law has decided to help with some things for the month of March to help us prepare for the coming of the baby (I know alot of wives tend to have mucho issues with their moms in law, I however, LOVE my MIL! It's my actual mom I have the Jerry Springer worthy issues with...but I digress lol!). Do you already have plans for your return coming this year??

3 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT to get our refund. This year I'm redecorating and buying some things we have not been able to afford. I'm going to be doing a lot of shopping in thrift stores and painting. I'm pretty excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get that money soon. Every penny counts and specially if it's your hard earned money.Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Glad to have found you at the hop. your newest follower and a regular visitor now.
    cheers,
    Kajal@http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christie: That's sooo awesome! I totally hear ya on that one, that's why I love refund time too; excellent opportunity for getting some much needed items (ours this year was a couch!) :)

    @Kajal: Thanks so much for stopping by to the blog! I'm off to yours to be a new follower too!!

    ReplyDelete