Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yay! and Oy Vey!

Kind of a continuation of the last blog post!

Oy Vey: ...Off I went to check out what to do about our offset, to find in the mail that day WHY it was offset in the first place (D'Oh!). Some of my educational debt which was supposed to be ironed out (but due to a VERY long story...didn't...), which is less than a grand, was swiped for compensation. My hubby was bummed for that day, but quickly got over it and moved on while I, on the other hand, just couldn't.

This particular debt was accumulated before we got married and unfortunately life took a turn for the worse around that time (husband's unemployment, pregnancy, living with my crazy mother for a few months *shivers*), so I wanted to salvage his half of the return (since we are in a "Community Property State"). My husband thinks its better this way because a debt is nearly paid off (always a good thing) but I still couldn't help but bawl and cry about how much a failure I was for not making sure of things. I'm 24 years old and aren't afraid to admit that I've probably made some stupid moves here and there (and being in love and getting married all the while neglecting my college course responsibilities certainly was one of them) but after a hug and a consoling talk from Brad (my hubby), I did feel a bit better and know not to let things get out of hand next time!
______

Yay: But now on to happier news this week :) After a grueling ordeal at the Baby Depot in Burlington's yesterday afternoon, I received my baby shower gift from my mom in law; a glider/ottoman! It's the first big ticket item anyone has gotten us, but I was blown away to say the least. So once getting home we promptly put it together and I don't think I got off it until it was time for bed (it's so comfy!). It was nice to rock with ease in the living room while Brad watched the Daytona 500 (while explaining to me the ins and outs of NASCAR, cause I had NO clue).

But also, this week I've been so fortunate to be participating in some bloggy programs so to speak (Goody hair products, a Benefit Comestics house party and a Vox Box from influenster) to review. It will certainly give me something to do to wind down these last 4 or so weeks of pregnancy (since being preggo have left me pretty stationary!). So, that will be fun. Thanks everybody for stopping by and checking out the posts (I'm very new to the personal blogging world so I'm slowly finding my way!). Happy Tuesday!

Teana

2 comments:

  1. I so love a glider & ottoman. You're going to love snuggling that baby in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete