Monday, March 19, 2012

Ghirardelli Milk & Truffle Squares: My Review

Ghirardelli sqaures...yummy! I live in Sacramento, about an hour & a half drive to San Francisco where the Ghirardelli company is located (actually, they are right near the ocean at the end of the pier, very beautiful!). I have fond memories of carousing Ghirardelli Square (very popular tourist attraction, it reminds me of the Wonka factory) on our honeymoon since we chose San Fran as our destination for our wedding night :) Our anniversary is April 10th so there was plenty of clearance Easter candy for the taking to munch on for the trip home. So, with that in mind, I was excited to be able to try their Milk and Truffle sweets courtesy of Shespeaks.

First of all, the actual squares in the inside look nothing like the package, of course. The truffle middle is not gooey like it would appear...but tasty nonetheless. It looks like a regular milk chocolate square with a darker chocolate layer in the middle. It is definitely richer than some of their other squares (Milk and Caramel being my favorite). Nice thing though is that these have a higher melting point than other Ghirardelli flavors because I'm not a huge fan of constantly having to lick my fingers to avoid making a mess. The package had one bag, a flyer and two coupons. I'm not a big fan of rich chocolates; it takes me much longer to eat them. These though, I went through about 3 squares right after opening the bag (oh, and one for the hubby as well).

Would I go out and buy another bag after this one? Hmmm.... Probably no. Though I was pleasantly surprised with these squares, I still do prefer my Godiva truffles instead (though in a way, it's difficult to make a fair comparison between the two). If I was gifted a bag, now that would be a different story; I mean what girl (a VERY pregnant girl at that) would turn down free chocolate? Though I will say if there is a sale and I could get these pretty cheap, then maybe I may buy them, maybe. So, if you're adventurous, give them a try. Otherwise, I'd skip these and move on to another variety of Ghirardelli chocolates.

If you've never heard of Ghirardelli or don't know much about them, you can read up on them here on their website, http://ghirardelli.com/about/ and to check out SheSpeaks, you can head here http://www.shespeaks.com

Thanks for reading my review!

2 comments:

  1. While I wouldn't turn any chocolate down either, I LOVE Lindor truffles. The Godiva balls with strawberry centers are pretty darn good too!

    Stopping by from the hop. New GFC Follower :)
    Theresa
    www.theresasmixednuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those too! I'm truly a sucker for the ganache :) Sooo yummy! Thanks a ton for stopping by! Off to your blog now :)

      Delete